Lennox & Addington Dark Sky Viewing Area’s 2022 astrophotography contest is now over.
The “Shoot The Stars” astrophotography contest received many great entries this year! Thank you to everyone that submitted their amazing images. Prizes were awarded for…
- top landscape – $200
- top deep sky – $200
- honourable mention (either landscape or deep sky) – $100
Below are our 2022 winners…
Top Landscape Image
Adam Correia: The Milky Way
Top Deep Sky Image
Alex Peters: M31
Sreeraj Ravi Nair: Aurora Borealis
Thanks again to everyone who entered the contest. You may see your images appear on our Dark Sky social media channels over the winter months.
Here is more information about the contest:
- Photos must be taken from Lennox & Addington County to qualify for the contest. The Lennox & Addington County Dark Sky Viewing Area is the preferred photo location.
- The contest is open to anyone with a digital camera – from amateurs, hobbyists and professionals alike.
- The contest begins on May 7, 2022. All photographs must be submitted by November 1, 2022.
- Up to three (3) photographs can be submitted per person per month.
- Landscape astrophotography and deep space objects are accepted. It is preferred that landscape photos show an object in the foreground and the night sky in the background.
- Save the image as a high quality JPEG file. Aim for a maximum file size of about 2 MB. You may find the file size depends on the complexity of the image.
- The file name should include the maker’s name and the title of the photo. This will make it easier to catalog. For example, if John Doe submitted an image called Bright Lights, the digital file should be named “Doe, John – Bright Lights.jpg”.
- Prizes are awarded for… top landscape ($200) | top deep sky ($200) | honourable mention ($100)
- All submissions may be displayed on www.DarkSkyViewing.com and on Facebook & Instagram @darkskyviewing.
Please email contest submissions to email@example.com with ‘Shoot the Stars’ in the subject line.
More details about the contest and the Lennox & Addington Dark Sky Viewing Area are available at www.DarkSkyViewing.com.