The night sky in Lennox and Addington County is so pristine that it offers the best area in southern Ontario to stargaze… and to shoot stars!
The Lennox & Addington Dark Sky Viewing Area is holding a “Shoot The Stars” astrophotography contest where shutterbugs are capture the beauty of Lennox & Addington’s night skies. Whether you are an amateur or professional photographer, we invite you to join us for this unique experience.
Below art the contest details:
- Photos must be taken from Lennox & Addington County to qualify for the contest. The Lennox & Addington County Dark Sky Viewing Area is the preferred photo location.
- The contest is open to anyone with a digital camera – from amateurs, hobbyists and professionals alike.
- The contest begins on May 7, 2022. All photographs must be submitted by November 1, 2022.
- Up to three (3) photographs can be submitted per person per month.
- Landscape astrophotography and deep space objects are accepted. It is preferred that landscape photos show an object in the foreground and the night sky in the background.
- Save the image as a high quality JPEG file. Aim for a maximum file size of about 2 MB. You may find the file size depends on the complexity of the image.
- The file name should include the maker’s name and the title of the photo. This will make it easier to catalog. For example, if John Doe submitted an image called Bright Lights, the digital file should be named “Doe, John – Bright Lights.jpg”.
- Prizes will be awarded for top three submissions… $250 – 1st | $150 – 2nd | $100 – 3rd
- All submissions may be displayed on www.DarkSkyViewing.com and on Facebook & Instagram @darkskyviewing.
Please email contest submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Shoot the Stars’ in the subject line.
More details about the contest and the Lennox & Addington Dark Sky Viewing Area are available at www.DarkSkyViewing.com.