Bursting with personality
If you’re looking for small town charm and rural beauty without going far off the beaten path, you’ve found all this in Greater Napanee. Greater Napanee provides a small-time feel, without being too far away from major cities. The country landscape is stunning, and once you visit our vibrant downtown core you’ll truly experience small-town hospitality. We’re known for our beautiful waterfront, parks and historic buildings. There’s plenty to see and do in this blossoming town.
- It’s cheaper to live here! Take a look at our housing prices.
- Explore the shops, services and amenities in Downtown Napanee
- Visit the Lennox & Addington County Museum & Archives
- Walk the Springside Park Trail
- Visit the historic Allan Macpherson House
- Hike the trail Menzel Centennial Provincial Nature Reserve
- Take in a performance at Lennox Theatre in Selby
- Tee off at the Napanee Golf & Country Club
- Visit the Old Hay Bay Church, a National Historic Site.
- Take a drive through downtown Napanee between November – January and enjoy the Big Bright Light Season! We make the Town sparkle with our festive light display.
- A few of our talented hometown stars include Avril Lavigne (musician), Brittany Benn & Leroy Blugh (athletes), and John Gibbard (founder).
A Case for Living in Greater Napanee
Now’s a great time to live rural. Not so far off the beaten path that you’re compromising on convenience. In L&A it’s lakes, rivers, farm fresh food, communities that care and opportunity to grow all within driving distance to larger urban centers. Learn more about life in Greater Napanee.
Greater Napanee Communities
Greater Napanee is less than 30-minutes from the cities of Kingston and Belleville, a 2-hour drive from Toronto and Ottawa, and only 3-hours to Montreal. The Town has a thriving commercial base – including a reinvigorated historic downtown area – and boasts superior year-round recreational amenities.
This rural community remains largely undisturbed with its picturesque lakefront location. Hop on the ferry and crossover to Glenora, Ontario from this site.
- • Popular spot to pick apples and strawberries
- • Located on the Bay of Quinte in Lake Ontario
- • Home to Bergeron Estate Winery and 33 Vines
This rural community was once known as The Falls and was established when the first home was built there in the 1830’s. Today, this community is a welcoming place for people to reside.
- • Population is approximately 125
- • Located 14 km North/West of Napanee
- • Became Forest Mills in 1868
This vibrant, historic town provides you with a small town feel but with all the amenities that you crave.
- • Visit the Lennox and Addington County Museum & Archives
- • Take a stroll along the boardwalk at Conservation Park
- • Wander the downtown core and see one-of-a-kind shops
- • Spend a day on a boat or in a kayak on the Napanee River
On the north shore of Lake Ontario, you’ll find North & South Fredericksburgh. This tight knit community embraces their past history and all the joys and comforts of community, family and friends.
- • The South Frederisksburgh Hall is home to many events
- • 26 Churches were built in this area over the years (Adolphustown and Frederisksburgh); many have been lost over time
This beautiful community, located close to Napanee is a beautiful place to live.
- • Plan a party or event at the Selby Community Centre or attend a performance at the Lennox Community Theatre.
- The Salmon River passes through Roblin, and anglers and paddlers take full advantage of the boat launch right at Highway 41. Just a few kilometres west of the hamlet is Menzel Centennial Provincial Wildlife Reserve. Located on Roblin Road, this natural location is popular with hikers that walk the 4 km trail to Mud Lake.
A thriving commercial base
Greater Napanee has a wide range of available properties suited to both commercial and industrial users. The growing Richmond Industrial Park has available serviced land for general and heavy industrial users.
Current tenants in the park include Goodyear Canada, ABcann Medicinals Inc., W.O. Stinson, GT Machining & Fabricating, and RC Industrial, Rogan Kitchen Manufacturing, to name a few.
Resources for business owners
Business owners and entrepreneurs interested in making Greater Napanee the location for their business have access to a full gamut of services from the Lennox & Addington Economic Development Office. Our Business Coaching service is free and confidential and can help familiarize you with the community, and aid in finding the appropriate people and resources to help your business or idea succeed.
The office can also assist with real estate searches, community statistics, as well as grant and financing opportunities. We connect businesses in finding research & development partners to support growth; this could apply innovative technologies to better streamline operations, while always trying to leverage funding to ease the cost burden on the entrepreneur.
Stay in the know! Sign up for our newsletter.