Stop by and see the Skootamatta River!
In the 1850’s the village of Flints Mills (now called Flinton) was founded by Billa Flint to house his employees that worked at one of the many mills on the river. In fact the entire community was once powered by one of these mills; you can see its ruins by the waterfall. Today this site is a nice place to go for a swim.
- The Flinton Falls is a small waterfall about 2 to 3 m in height. You can park at the Flinton Conservation Authority and walk to the top of the falls.
- There is a thriving Jamboree held here every August long weekend.
- Deerock Lake – This is a popular spot for anglers as this lake is home to a large variety of fish. Deerock Lake also has campsites accessible only via the water, with several found on small islands.
- Flinton Conservation Area – Open dawn to dusk this Conservation Area is located in the village at the river. You’ll be greeted with large white pines and a pretty place to hike, picnic, and enjoy the water.
L&A County Trails – Bike Routes
Reasons to Live in Flinton in Addington Highlands
Flinton in Addington Highlands is a great place to live. Here are some of the reasons why residents enjoy living here.
- Lower housing costs
- Reasonable cost of living
- Low crime rate
- Great location
- Access to health care
Plan Your Visit
Plan a Move Here
Stay in the know! Sign up for our newsletter.