Grab your camera and pose in a gigantic chair
But, large chairs aren’t the only thing happening here. This area is a welcoming haven for outdoor enthusiasts who love to snowmobile, hike, hunt, fish, camp and just relax in the great outdoors. In the village of Cloyne you can find a variety of amenities including small shops that provide everything from necessities to antiques and hunting and fishing gear.
Cloyne also has a rich past. The first settlers here were of Irish heritage who named the village after Cloyne in County Cork, Ireland. We can trace Cloyne, Ontario back to 1859 when the first post office opened. The village soon grew to include a hotel, school and other trades and businesses that would keep the community self-sufficient.
- Bon Echo Provincial Park – Often referred to as Ontario’s most beautiful Provincial Park, Bon Echo is a wonderful place to camp or visit with a day pass. The park boasts campsites, trails, beaches, boat tours and boat rentals. But, the most spectacular site is the famous Mazinaw Rock which is 100 m high and is dotted with 260 Indigenous pictographs on its front.
- Cloyne Pioneer Museum – The Cloyne Pioneer Museum houses over 1,000 artifacts showcasing how this area evolved from its lumber industry beginnings to the mining booms to today. The collections reflect the history from settlement time and pioneer life.
- Lower Mazinaw Lake – If you’re an avid paddler you’ll love Mazinaw Lake. We have outlined three paddling routes to make the most of your experience on this pretty lake.
- Denbigh Farms – Denbigh Farms has been in the Marquardt family since 1860. You’ll love their natural raw honey, beeswax products, and Canadian Shield maple syrup.
- Finnegan’s General Store – Finnegan’s General Store offers all your daily essentials and artisan products plus a fabulous Greco Pizza Express Franchise, Ice cream Shoppe, Produce, Coffee Bar and Seasonal Flowers.
- Holden’s Hearth at Home – Stop in and see the made on site woodcarvings. These art pieces can sometimes take up to 500-hours to complete and make for a great custom-carved heirloom.
- Scoot House – Skoot House is cozy cottage gift shop that sells handcrafted one-of-a-kind Items: quilts, pillows, gift ware, wall hangings, home and cottage accessories, children’s blankets and pillows.
L&A County Trails – Bike Routes
Reasons to Live in Cloyne in Addington Highlands
Cloyne in Addington Highlands is a great place to live. Here are some of the reasons why residents enjoy living here.
- Lower housing costs
- Reasonable cost of living
- Low crime rate
- Great location
- Access to health care
Plan Your Visit
Plan a Move Here
Stay in the know! Sign up for our newsletter.