A community with a rich history
There are a number of historic buildings in Bath that should not be missed. Take some time to get to know this friendly community.
- There is a park and swimming beach east of the stop light on Main Street.
- Discharged soldiers form Jessup’s Rangers were the first settlers.
- Bath Museum – With a rich collection of WWI memorabilia and Native artifacts on display, this little museum makes for an interesting visit.
- Mackinnon Brothers Brewing Company – These brothers sure do make great brews! And, with over 200 years of farming, it’s no wonder. Stop by the farm and sample some of their unique beers.
- Loyalist Country Club – The Loyalist Country Club is a beautiful Ted Baker design golf course with 5 sets of tee blocks, offering challenging play to golfers of all skill levels.
- Hogans’ Honey & Maple Products – Delicious honey and maple products are available here. They are produced and packaged onsite.
- Layer Cake Hall – Bath Library – Constructed in 1859, this building is an excellent example of Gothic Revival architecture. Today it is home to the Bath branch of the Lennox & Addington Library.
- St. John’s Anglican Church – This church is the oldest place of worship in continuous use in Ontario and was originally built in 1793. In 1925 a first destroyed the building and it was rebuilt that same year.
- Finkle’s Shores – Just west of Bath, you’ll find a small park and boat launch. Pack a picnic and relax in the waterfont gazebo.
- Fairfield-Gutzeit House – This Georgian-style home is a great example of what an early Canadian homes looked like and is fully furnished with items from the Victorian era. The Fairfield-Gutzeit House is one of the first dwellings built in Ontario on the shores of Lake Ontario.
Bathouse Recording Studio
Reasons to Live in Bath in Loyalist Township
Bath in Loyalist Township is a great place to live. Here are some of the reasons why residents enjoy living here.
- Lower housing costs
- Reasonable cost of living
- Low crime rate
- Great location
- Access to health care
Plan Your Visit
Plan a Move Here
Stay in the know! Sign up for our newsletter.