A community with a rich history
There are a number of historic buildings in Bath that should not be missed. Take some time to get to know this friendly community.
- There is a park and swimming beach east of the stop light on Main Street.
- Discharged soldiers form Jessup’s Rangers were the first settlers.
- Bath Museum – With a rich collection of WWI memorabilia and Native artifacts on display, this little museum makes for an interesting visit.
- Mackinnon Brothers Brewing Company – These brothers sure do make great brews! And, with over 200 years of farming, it’s no wonder. Stop by the farm and sample some of their unique beers.
- Loyalist Country Club – The Loyalist Country Club is a beautiful Ted Baker design golf course with 5 sets of tee blocks, offering challenging play to golfers of all skill levels.
- Hogans’ Honey & Maple Products – Delicious honey and maple products are available here. They are produced and packaged onsite.
- Layer Cake Hall – Bath Library – Constructed in 1859, this building is an excellent example of Gothic Revival architecture. Today it is home to the Bath branch of the Lennox & Addington Library.
- St. John’s Anglican Church – This church is the oldest place of worship in continuous use in Ontario and was originally built in 1793. In 1925 a first destroyed the building and it was rebuilt that same year.
- Finkle’s Shores – Just west of Bath, you’ll find a small park and boat launch. Pack a picnic and relax in the waterfont gazebo.
- Fairfield-Gutzeit House – This Georgian-style home is a great example of what an early Canadian homes looked like and is fully furnished with items from the Victorian era. The Fairfield-Gutzeit House is one of the first dwellings built in Ontario on the shores of Lake Ontario. – Note: closed for renovations in 2023.
Bathouse Recording Studio
Reasons to Live in Bath in Loyalist Township
Bath in Loyalist Township is a great place to live. Here are some of the reasons why residents enjoy living here.
- Lower housing costs
- Reasonable cost of living
- Low crime rate
- Great location
- Access to health care
Plan Your Visit
Plan a Move Here
Stay in the know! Sign up for our newsletter.