You’ll feel right at home
Once called Amherst View, this beautiful community is known for its stunning views.
Travel Hwy. 33 just west of Kingston and you’ll find Amherstview sitting pretty on the north shore of Lake Ontario. This is a wonderful community to live in, with welcoming neighbours, essential amenities and larger urban centers nearby.
- Located at the eastern-end of the Loyalist Parkway
- Public transportation runs from Amherstview to Kingston
- Fairfield House – If you’re a fan of early Canadian architecture or just love exploring history, you’ll love Fairfield House. Built completely by hand in 1793 this farmhouse is one of the few frame structures still standing from the Loyalist era.
- Amherstview Golf Course – Established in 1971, this semi-private course provides members and visitors with the area’s best facilities for a great day of relaxing golf.
- Parrott’s Bay Conservation Area – Spend the day enjoying the outdoors and go hiking, fishing or picnicking at this beautiful conservation area.
- Henderson Recreation Centre – The arena floor can be booked for ball hockey, hockey, lacrosse, special events and more. There is also public skating and a canteen on site.
people call the community home
when it was established as a community
L&A County Trails – Bike Routes
In the heart of Eastern Ontario and throughout Loyalist Township you’ll find easily accessible looping routes that make for a great day cycling. To see the route closest to Amherstview and learn more click the link below.
Reasons to Live in Amherstview in Loyalist Township
Amherstview in Loyalist Township is a great place to live. Here are some of the reasons why residents enjoy living here.
- Lower housing costs
- Reasonable cost of living
- Low crime rate
- Great location
- Access to health care
Plan Your Visit
If you’re planning a visit to the area, check out local accommodations to make your stay cozy and comfy.
Plan a Move Here
Learn more about what it’s like to live in L&A or connect with us and we’ll answer any questions you have.
Stay in the know! Sign up for our newsletter.