MacKinnon Brothers Brewing Company
Ivan and Daniel MacKinnon are 8th generation farmers who have turned their family farm into a thriving craft brewery. Putting the traditions and heritage that have been passed down into practice to create some really incredible beers. The hops, wheat, and barley is grown right on the farm and creates beer which is emboldened with the unique character of rural Canada.
The renovated century old barns house the equipment, and planted hops and malting barley grows in the surrounding fields. Every summer they host Back to the Farm, a beer and music festival featuring craft beer, tours, food trucks, games and of course great music.
Come taste why The MacKinnon Brothers has won the hearts of craft brew lovers across Ontario and decide for yourself which brew is your favourite:
- 8 Man English Pale Ale – a traditional English Pale Ale, unfiltered with a natural look, smooth and sweet taste.
- Crosscut Canadian Ale – designed for Canadians this crisp but smooth golden ale has a sweet aroma.
- Red Fox Ale – The extraordinary red colour of this brew will captivate you even before you taste the distinct flavour that comes from the addition of beets.
- Harvest Ale – Slightly bready aroma with a toasty, lightly sweet flavour that can only be described as ‘malty’
- Wild Peppermint Stout – The slightest hint of mint gives a refreshing twist to this traditional Irish dry stout.
- Brother House Ale – Smooth with a mild fresh bitterness and a hint of acidity, this brew is light and delicious.
starts farming this land
A day at the brewery
Stay in the know! Sign up for our newsletter.