Naturally L&A Activation Fund
Let’s work together to build an even better Lennox and Addington.
Successful communities are driven by people who are passionate and creative, who see an opportunity and go for it. Let’s build a movement, which takes your ideas, passions, creativity and experiences and builds a better Lennox and Addington. Our Naturally L&A Activation Fund is available to help you take your idea to the next level.
Lennox & Addington Economic Development Office is offering the opportunity to receive funding (up to $5,000) for the following:
- New event creation
- Existing event enhancements / improvements
- Development of new recreational products / activities
- Cultural activities / products
- Community beautification
- New tourism products / activities
Here are some examples for each of our categories:
- New event creation: starting up a new event or festival that will attract tourists to Lennox and Addington. Potential new events could include music concerts, sporting events or other unique offerings.
- Existing Event Enhancements / Improvements: Examples of event enhancements include incorporating live music, local food or other exciting additions into your existing event. The enhancement will draw visitors from further afield and make for a more memorable experience.
- New Recreational Products / Activities: New recreation products that improve our communities and attract new visitors and residents to Lennox and Addington. This could include hiking trails, paddling routes, cycling trails, nature walks…etc.
- Cultural Products / Activities: New cultural products or activities that improve our communities and attract new people and residents to Lennox and Addington. This could include new theatre performances, public art, art shows…etc.
- Community Beautification: Activities that improve the “look” of Lennox and Addington. Could include community gardens, cleaning / repurposing of derelict properties, tree planting, trail maintenance…etc.
- New Tourism Products/Activities: Include developing activities with untapped potential and unique to Lennox and Addington. Examples include new attractions (i.e. stargazing tourism), themed tours (i.e. haunted walks), or business collaborations that add to the visitor experience (i.e. butter tart trail).
Applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their project, questions and eligibility before applying by contacting Rob Plumley, Community Development Officer at 613-453-1010.
- Eligible organizations include:
- Community Groups
- Community Partnerships (multiple residents working together)
- Festival and Event Organizers
- Volunteer Organizations
- Business Partnerships (multiple businesses working together)
The project must be visitor and resident friendly and located within Lennox & Addington County. The project must be a new or enhanced experience. It is expected that organizations / partnerships have their own budget to put toward the project and to match the potential funding.
Ineligible organizations and requests include:
- Regular operational expenses
- Charitable contributions
- Municipal governments are not eligible to apply.
- Individuals are not eligible to apply.
- Individual businesses are not eligible to apply.
Economic Development Coalition, will use the following criteria to evaluate each application:
- New or enhanced experience
- Unique, authentic experience
- How does it improve Lennox and Addington
- Appeals to both local residents and visitors
- Potential to attract out-of-town visitors
- Potential of overall economic benefit to Lennox & Addington County
- Level of collaboration with other stakeholders / partners
- Marketing/promotional support provided
Please note that priority will be given to applications that HAVE NOT received Activation Funding in previous years. Businesses and organizations that received Activation Funding in 2023 are ineligible to receive funding in 2024.
Events/projects must be completed by December 31, 2024.
Selection Process & Due Diligence
All applications go through a process of screening against the eligibility criteria before being assessed by the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee will meet to discuss the submissions and agree upon a final short-list of applications.
Before granting final approval, Lennox & Addington County will undertake due diligence on the lead organizations / partnership. The main purpose of this is to determine capability and readiness of the lead organization to deliver the end product.
If successful, a funding agreement between the organization / partnership and Lennox & Addington County will be required.
Application Process & Deadline
Applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their project, questions and eligibility before applying by contacting Rob Plumley, Community Development Officer at 613-453-1010
Applications open on Monday, March 4th. Proposals must be submitted by completing the application document. The deadline to receive applications is Sunday, March 31, 2024 at 11:59pm.